What I did for 5 Days in Dortmund, Germany, for SGD 212

June 16, 2016


Okay guys!

Before I carry on, I just want to make some things clear:

1.
I'm going to be selfish for once and dedicate this post to myself.
Hence, the title.

Usually I'd put "What WE did for..",

BUT NO.
Only for this post, I will put "What I did for"

Reason being that I have huge personal connection to this city.

Okay lah, I just really love the football team!
BORUSSIA DORTMUND FANS IN THE HOUSE AYEEE!

Also, I believe that in this particular city, it is evident that I splurge more than usual and more as compared to Talya, and therefore, I think it's only fair If I didn't generalize the expenditure and include Talya in this particular post.

2. 


Transport from Gutersloh to Dortmund is not included into the amount stated on the title.
But if you're wondering, It costs 19 Euro by the Dbahn.


3.
This is my Second time in Dortmund.

Just putting it out there :p


-

Without Futher ado, In Dortmund I...

1. Had a Dortmund Currywurst(s)





No, I believe I had 3 Curry wursts then.
I mean, It's not like it didn't travel THOUSANDS OF MILES in order to try these mouthwatering piece of meat, right? :p

I don't know how true it is, but apparently curry wurst originate from Dortmund, and not Berlin.

Well, I cannot say for sure, because at the end of the day we know what's the truth:
I am biased towards Dortmund and I would still say Dortmund's curry wurst is the best.

So I had to try every single curry wurst that was out there!:p


2. Shopped at Primark
Source: ruhrnachrichten.de

Honestly guys,

You have no idea how happy I was when I saw Primark.

Primark is Heaven.
(can I get a 'mmmhhmmm' from my Shoppaholics)

If you haven't heard of Primark yet, I've lost hope in Humanity.
Because you will not understand the glory and satisfaction of finding shoes, clothes, bags from as cheap as 
3 Euro.

AND

Make up and Accessories from as cheap as 0.80 Euro.

I swear, I'm not making this up.
You HAVE TO at least shop in Primark once.

I remembered the first time I steped into Primark 2 years ago, was in Berlin, and over a period of 3 days, I spent almost 250 Euro (SGD 387).
And it was Christmas Sale, so most of the items were going out for as cheap as 1 Euro.

I'm not shitting with you.

But this time, Since I'm travelling budgetly, I gotta be discipline.

I ended up spending about 40 Euro  in Primark (phew)

Painnn... My wallet... It hurts....

But totally Worth it!

Coz i ended up with 2 pairs of shoes and idk how many pieces of clothing that were on sale :D


3. Took A Morning Stroll Around the Rich Areas of Dortmund.



Dortmund has 2 sides : The Poor and The Rich.
My CS host, Christian, took us on a morning stroll to see Dortmund.
We passed by the slums of Dortmund as well as the unbelievably huge mansions that face towards this man made lake.

It was beautiful.
And the weather was perfect for a morning stroll.

Christian call this bridge, "The Bridge of the Stars "
Because of how glittery the ground of the bridge was rofl


4. Tried climbing a mental structure.



Christian told me that this particular part of Dortmund used to be a steel company.
The structured that I modelled with (really well) and tried to climb is what's left of the steel company.

Interesting choice for a center piece.
Don't you think so?

5. Had Breakfast with A View


So after the little stroll, in which we completed in almost an hour, we had breakfast at Christian's favourite place, plus, it's super affordable.

Less than 3 Euros, yeah sure why not! :D

Now I can actually see why he sees this place as his favourite
The man made lake and the brightness of the morning sun gives that extra touch of calmness, and it was deffos a good start to an amazing day :)

6. Went To Church


Christian told us this was an abandoned church.
Well, we are suckers for abandoned buildings as well!

Nah, we were decieved.
But the interior was really beautiful.

It was nice to spend some quality time alone with God after all that travelling.
Plus, there were many occasions that were evidence that he's looking after us.

For example, on the day of the Brussels attack, we were supposed to be in Belgium, But somehow we couldn't get tickets.

And also, the day we were supposed to be in Frankfurt, the police caught terrorists that tried to bomb the place up.
So for that, we were truly blessed and grateful that he has a kept a watchful on us.






7. Shopped at the BVB  Fan welt.







Shout out to all my fellow Borussia Dortmund Fans, You jealous? :P

This is the official Borussia Dortmund FanWelt.
Aka, The largest BVB Fan Shop in The whole of Dortmund and the whole of Deutschland!

You have every right to be jealous and envious.
(This is only applicable to Hardcore Dortmund fans)

As I mentioned in the beginning of the post, this is my second time in Dortmund, the first time being in 2014.
I remembered how I spent almost 300 Euro (SGD 464) solely on BVB merchandises when I visited the fan welt for the first time.
My Goodness!

Thankfully, this time I had more discipline and resisted the temptation to overspend!
Phew!


Total Spent in The BVB Fan Welt = 65 Euro (SGD 100)


8. Visited My Favourite Place In The World (for the 2nd time)








Signal Iduna Park.

The Biggest stadium in Germany.

Beautiful.



9. Went For A Stadium Tour In Signal Iduna Park 
(for a 2nd time ;p)
Okay Dortmund Fans, Please Calm down.












The tour however, was completely in German
So we had no idea what the hell the tour guide was saying.

Thankfully, there was a kind soul who helped us out and completely translated everything for us.
He even open introduced us as Singaporean Dortmund fans, in which we had the approval and applause from the rest of the people in the tour.

Oh! And another fact, the tour guide used to play for dortmund apprx 60 years ago :O



I wanna go again! :p

Cost of the Stadium Tour: 8 Euro (Students)


11. Visited Syburg


Syburg is the southernmost suburb of Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia.

It's roughly about 45 minutes by bus from the main railway station.

I'm not much of a nature fan, unlike Talya, who loves nature to the core, but honestly, I enjoyed my time in Syburg. It's simply so beautiful.

Little did I know, there were some Roman Ruins as well.
And I love anything that has to do with ruins or Roman history.




And what was even more appealing, is that,

there is,

A BEER GARTEN.

That's right.

More Beer for meeeee! #AlcoholicVic



OH YES!

Ohhhh Glorious Beer!

12. Went For A Grilling

Sadly, I don't have pictures for this :(

Basically, Christian invited me to meet some of his Filipino friends who'd always meet up for a grill session.
There was so much food, in fact, too much food!

We made some hainanese chicken rice with the paste that we brought along.
Not too bad aye.

13. Watched A Dortmund Game at The Signal Induna Park and Partied With The Dortmund Fans


I honestly had no clue that there was a Dortmund game that was happening,

that is until Christian told me he could get free tickets to the game :O

I fainted.

Nah, I didn't, but if I could, I would.
LIKE HOW ON EARTH DID THAT HAPPENED?

The match was against Bremen, and well BVB won.
We headed over to the after party which was held in the Beer Garten just next to the stadium itself, and it was all night of beers and dancing and making new friends.

My Dortmund Crew
Man! Were they such a fun bunch to party with.
Seriously though, they were so cool, and they were like trying to dance battle and everything.
So dope!

But sadly, we had to leave halfway in order to get home and reach out next destination.

Too bad :(
Nevertheless, I had a blast!

Btw, the guy in the middle is seriously frickin cute.
What a heart breaker! :p


-


So lets get back to the Calculators:

Accommodation: Free

Food: 3 Euros/Day (average)

Transport: Free
We walked most of the time, and Christian had an extra travel card that we could share.

Shopping: 65 Euro (BVB Fan Welt) + 40 Euro (Primark)

Entertainment & Drinks: 12 Euro

Stadion Tour: 8 Euro

BVB vs Bremen Match: Free.

Total= 137 Euro ( *SGD 212 )

*Round of to the nearest Dollar


Oh before I end off...
Just wanna shove something in your faces...


I met all the players from Borussia Dortmund last year, on my birthday! :p




-

NEXT DESTINATION:

BERLIN

-

PREVIOUS POST:



-

Note:
All of the pictures belong to me, taken by either my I phone 6 or my Canon DSLR 1100D.
Under no circumstances should you be a thief and steal my pictures. I will find you and I will kill you.
I'm kidding.
Just remember to Credit to meeee.

Feel free to drop any questions if you do have.


I don't care about your opinions.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog