5 Days in Vienna, Austria, for 46 Euro (SGD 70.50)

September 27, 2016


Hello again to another episode of my crazy Europe adventures!

Prior to Vienna, I was in Prague! (Read more here)

DAY 1

You know how they say travelling sometimes can be a bit difficult?
Well, in our case, yes it was. Because, we found ourselves Stranded without a place to stay.


At Vienna Bus Terminal
Like I've mentioned in most of my posts, our whole trip was impromptu.
Meaning, not planned at all.

For example, say we are in Amsterdam now, and we realised we've had enough time here, so we just decide on our next destination, and book our bus tickets on the spot, then we start finding accommodation on Couchsurfing/Hostels.
That's how it just went about.

So it's definitely not uncommon to find yourself stranded :)

Talya and I were stranded at the Vienna Bus Terminal for a good 2 hours before a kind soul, Thomas decided to take us Hostage! Haha Jokes aside, we were really grateful for him because it was seriously last minute!

Talya is completely exhausted!
My Host Thomas was seriously such an angel!
He knew we were obviously hungry from all the travelling and We can't cook for nuts so he made this! I felt really bad that we couldn't help him cook, but We offered to wash the dishes :D

Fried Chicken, Some boiled potatoes and Salad!
FOOOOD!
Such a lovely welcome surprise!!!!! Thank You Thomas!!! We were joined by Philip and Linh!

It wasn't much for day 1 because we were EXHAUSTED, so we spent most of the time just chilling and talking, and he brought us up to the roof top which was soooo dope!



DAY 2

We decided to slower the pace of our daily activities, by waking up at 2pm everyday! HAHA
Man were we such sloths.

Headed over to a supermarket to get some brunch for Talya and myself, and got a bunch of Groceries to cook!
Yeah, actually we can cook, but we're talking about fried egg and instant noodles and boiled, and fried rice, like super duper basic shit. We are obviously embarrassed :/

And well, spent the rest of the day walking around the city areas with our host! :)




Headed over to Landtmann to have some nice Wien Coffee and of course some apfel Strudel with the host! :)



Groceries: 10 Euro (per pax)
Shopping: 5 Euro
Apfel Strudel & Coffee: 8 Euro

Total: 23 Euro


DAY 3

Headed over to Prater Theme park after waking up 194304820498 Hours later.

Prater was really nice, there's like a ton of things to do!
We mainly went for the horro rides, because well, Talya loves horror, and I like the adrenaline that it brings..

By adrenaline, I meant me just screaming my head off throughout.



we basically spent the day following our feet, wherever it took us.

And thats the best thing about travelling, not having a destination but blindly following whatever paths that our feet took.

Because we landed on some random place that's absolutely beautiful.



Rides & Attractions at Prater: 15 Euro

Total: 23 + 15 = 38 Euro

DAY 4

I slept throughout because I was tired af.

After continuously travelling for a significant amount of time, all that exhaustion really gets to you,

So it was nice to take a couple of hours off the day by myself to relax and sleep it off.

Dinner was made by the ever so talented Linh! Honestly, one of the best cooking ever in our European Trip :)


And Dinner, I managed to catch half of the Dortmund Game with some locals at a nearby Bar.

Funny story, this man decides to sit next to me and start a conversation with me, since I'm evidently not local.

Before you know it, his drunk girlfriend comes into the picture, starts cursing at me, and well, I just looked at her and then continued watching the game. LOL

I pity her tho, cause I have NO clue what the hell she was saying.

Eventually, she got kicked out.


Beers: 8 Euro (for 2)

Total: 38 + 8 = 46 Euro

DAY 5

As I've mentioned countless of times, I use Tinder to meet the locals.
In my opinion, It's honestly a really good way to socialize and it's far less awkward then going up to a local and asking them out for a drink.

So, my friend and I landed ourselves a Tinder date with Akos!
He's also 21 and working in the Hotel line. I don't know what else to say? We just sat at a Park, have a couple of beers before he had to leave.





Beers: Free!
(THANKS AKOS!)


SCHONBRUNN PALACE!

Man! It's un-BELIEVABLY beautiful.

If you plan to travel to Vienna, this is definitely a must see.

Give it a good 3-4 hours, because seriously the place is HUGE.




It's amazing.

I don't know.

Amazing.


Admission: Free!

Final Total: 46 Euros

-

Vienna was indeed lovely!
Reminded me a lot of Singapore.
How it was bloody clean! and organized. and everything looked brand new!

a Shout out to our Host Thomas, for having us.
And for his housemates for tolerating us!!!!!!!!!
We miss your cooking!!!


Till then!

Oh btw, if you were wondering, we didn't pay for transport :p
SHhhhhH!


Next Destination:

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY



I dont care about your opinions, and for crying out loud, credit my pictures. 
God is watching you.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog