2017: Highlights.

February 22, 2018


Being constantly on my feet all day everyday, time flashes by like a bolt of lightning, and I never got an opportunity to sit down and reflect.

Now, a new year has just begun, and as much as I would like to continue to strive for the best and move forward, one must always remember to look back at how far one has came from, to get into the position one is in right now.

Okay, enough peptalk, but really though, 2017 has been quite eventful I must say.

Despite having countless of obligations (a full-time job, full-time adulting, paying the bills and looking after the parents), I'm actually pretty proud of my accomplishments in 2017, and the fact that I could make sometime for myself, and travel as far as I could.


1. Confirmed as a Nurse
(sorry, no image provided for privacy purposes)

I have always wanted to be a nurse since I was 10.
I know a lot people would say the same thing:
" You don't know what you want at 10!"

This realisation came to me one fine day whilst doing my homework, and since then I've never backed down from what I wanted. Worked hard, definitely bled and cried, but at the end of the day, I it's worth it. (though sometimes the break downs in the ward may not be)


2. Short Get away to KL





Nothing really special, but we needed to get out of Singapore before we went crazy lol

3. First Impromptu trip to Cambodia


It wasn't super impromtu to the point that I only booked my tickets on the day itself, but more of me asking my friend where a good place to go was and she simply said "CAMBODIA!" So fair enough, off I went!

Literally no plans at all, very little knowledge of the country itself, and I decided to head to Siem Reap, because it has a nice a ring to it.

Thankfully for CS, managed to get hold of some locals in which I attended a cooking class by them and made some travel friends along the way.




Most memorable event was meeting these 3 dutch girls at my party hostel and somehow formed this unbelievable bond, and till today we're still friends!


4. HongKong & Macau with Pricii





My first time (as an adult) in Hongkong was shared with the one and only Pricii!
Finally! Another escape!
Seriously, this girl is just real and bona fide and she's one of my truest friend, So definitely grateful I could have this lit experience with her.
oh did I mention she's great at twerking hehe


6. Europaaa (April)
It's been literally a year (at that time) since I've last touched European Ground, and BOY I was ECSTATIC!



This time was different, I went completely alone with no plans, except one focus : KONINGSDAG!!

Basically followed my feet and I got really lucky!

(Amsterdam > Maastricht > Den Haag > Amsterdam > Prague > Amsterdam)

Met a family friend and she was doing Au Pair in Netherlands for about 3 months, so I had an opportunity to stay with the family she's working for.



Found a familiar face in Maastricht : Anna!
She was doing an exchange semester in Maastricht (SO JEALOUS!!!) so I got to hang out with her a bit, explored and eventually passed out after a strong J LOL

Maastricht was one of the most charming cities I've ever visited.



7. Met a really cool dude

After Maastricht, I've decided to explore the Dutch city of Den Haaaaaaag! For no particularr reason actually since it's along the way back to Amsterdam (hehe)


I contacted this dude, Paul, on CS, asked him if I could crash at his place and SUCCESS, my wits and charisma obviously got to him and hence, accepted! Haha i Kid.

I got to meet Paul &; his mates and instantly got along with them. They, each have a very distinct personality and that was new for me - to have so many different personalities in the same room and studying them. Honestly, that was the very first time anyone has ever made an huge impression on me.

Really enjoyed my time in the Hague! Enjoyed so much that I had to bring Deborah along (in October) to meet the guys, Unfortunately, not all of them live under the same roof anymore, but still, managed to hang out the guys that do and Deborah LOVES them!

oh and Paul's room is LIT af





7. Stayed in Campsite

It's a first for me in over a decade and it was on European grounds. I actually enjoyed my campsite, despite it being fucking cold! Met a few amazing people, made a shitload of friends, & obviously partied like mad.

I mean, whats camping without the liquor?


8. KOOOOOOOOOONINGSDAGGGGGG



Kingsday was seriously lit, and being it my 2nd Kingsday, boy! it was cray cray!



Adventures begun the night before (Kingsnight), where I met up with a friend, and we were both looking for some Js to get high on, and bump into a crowd of 3 that was obviously getting turnt. Before we knew it, they invited us to join the party (by the streets) and got cray! Pretty random, but they started doing a whole Beyonce number, which was ... nice.

After the whole shenanigans, we met up with this Mexican dude, Javier, and head over to some club for the Kingnight party.





Next day, we headed to Amsterdam RAI (or is it Vice versa?) for KINGSLANDDDD and had a shitload of fun pushing people in the mosh pit and spilling beer on people, as well as raving alongside DJs like Martin Garrix, Don Diablo, Tiestooooo! URGH IT WAS SO FUN!

Managed to catch one of my pals from Secondary School days!



Javier from Mexico!!!!!

Has the best fun!

9. Truffles with Strangers




Met these 2 wonderful pals in our pop-up hostel in Amsterdam during Kingsday.
The guy, Andrew, actually asked me for a stick, but i felt generous so I decided to give him a pack. In return, he gave us a couple of beers and that was the beginning of an awesome friendship.

The following day, Jo, Andrew and I headed out into the city and got high on truffles and weed.
Dude, we were so highhhhhhhhh. We wanted to go to this Psychedelic place but to our disadvantage, it was closed, so we ended up lost and walking around the streets of Amsterdam, baked. Stopping by every Cheese store we landed in front of, and hurriedly gobbling down all their samples.

I remembered the lady at the cashier in one of them Cheese stores, looked at us and asked, "Are you enjoying yourselves? Are you enjoying the weed?"

We knew we we f**ked.

'Twas a good 4 hours of getting lost.

10. Reunited with my soulm8




Met this bae in 2016, when Talya and I were still in our midst of our European trip.
Don't know but for some reason we didn't like each other the first time?
Thought she was snobbish, and those kind of girls that'll give so much attitude.
But idk, just some how, we connected and we became inseparable :> prolly because the drinks kicked in, and we found ourselves drunk on the Charles bridge together heh

So last year, I had the golden opportunity to FINALLY reunite! Stayed at her place for a couple of days and just had a blast!


12. Boracay



Hmm.. what can I say about this trip, besides it being one of the most alcoholic destination ever.
We (Amanda and I) were literally drinking from day one and found ourselves constantly waking up with hangovers. Not a very pleasant experience (I meant the hangovers) but did have a shit load of fun!

13. I turn 22!

Not really celebrating the fact that I turn a year older, but it was one of the rare occasions i got to spend time with the family. Prior to my birthday, the last time I ever spent some proper time with the whole clan was prolly 3 months ago, So 'twas nice!

14. WTF with New found Friends
Headed to Jakarta for WeTheFest 2017!!!
Wanted to have a trip with Deborah to warm things out before our long awaited Eurotrip in October together! But sadly, shit happened, and I found myself wandering around the airport companion-less, and eventually in Jakarta, alone...

Travelling alone wasn't the issue, but the fact that we've (Deb and I) have been looking forward to this trip for weeks, and to not actually living up to plans, really kinda sucked.

I was alone, in Jakarta, no freaking clue what to do.

FORTUNATELY, my hostel was a party hostel, so i ended forming a alliance with some pree rad people.

Pree awesome, we're still crazying it up in our group chat. HEEH!

and we are such over reactors to be honest -  On our last day together as a group, we sat outside our hostel, played the song "See you Again" and emo-ed together. Really stupid, but it's something that we had to do together to express our sadness.







15. ..... EUROPE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



After waiting for a whole 6 months, I AM FINALLY BACK IN MY EUROPEAN CONTINENT WHOOOOOOT.

This time was slightly different. I dragged my dear Deborah along with me!!!! Well, because she owed me for Jakarta, hehehe
I usually travel alone, but hey, I'm not complaining! Some companionship is actually pree nice.
I'll elaborate more in my upcoming posts! Definitely one of my favourite trips! Had a ton of fun, mainly getting drunk and high with people. No, I'm kidding.




16. Djakarta Warehouse Project





DWP was pree lit, not because of sets and the alcohol, but I've finally reunited with my boo, Prici! We've not seen each other for sometime now, thus it was definitely much needed to chill out And PARTAY together which we haven't done in a long time!


17. Christmas Reunion
This Christmas was especially memorable for me. Not only do I get to catch up with my Family, but also my friends whom I haven't seen in years!


Although my family religiously hosts weekly family dinners, I rarely have the opportunity to attend them, because # LifeAsANurse

Somehow, lady luck was on my side this time around! I finally had a opportunity to hang out and catch up.

Oh yeah, it was also my first time handing out presents to everyone :)
# Adult



Plus, I had the rare opportunity to catch up with 3/4 of my TeamSixDegrees (Alj is in Dubar *cries*)
Alicia, who's from Malaysia, somehow decides to drop by Singapore without tell us (Danial and I). So we decided to force her to come out with us, in which she finally gave into! 'Twas fun reliving the good'ol days :')




On top of that, I FINALLY had the golden chance to catch up with the girls I experienced puberty with! Too much has happened but nothing had changed:') Love you girlies.


18. Countdown in the Ward


I didn't exactly like the idea of spending New Years' Day in the ward, but you know, you can't always get what you want. Plus, it'll be a new experience!

Indeeed it was!

We got Pizza's ready, drinks, and left over cake, laid it all on the table and started counting down together. & Exactly at midnight, we started singing "Auld Lang Syne" together and took a ton of pictures. I know it's nothing much compared to everyone getting wasted (I wish I could but I have patients to look after), but the fact that everyone came together, celebrated and enjoy the company, is golden and definitely rememorable.



-



Well I guess that's about all. Ikr, took me like almost 2 months later to finish this post. Why? # LifeAsANurse

Thanks for reading and always count your blessings!


X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog