What We Did in Gutersloh, Germany, for SGD 9

June 07, 2016


Talya and I decided to seek refuge after being terribly exhausted from the constantly partying that we did almost every night when we were in Paris and Amsterdam.

Honestly! We were so tired!

And then I remembered Christine.
Christine (I'll post a picture of her later in the post) was my first ever surfer that I hosted months ago. She's from Gutersloh, Germany, and I figured, since it's been awhile since I've seen her, why not visit her and catch up?

Plus, we've never really seen proper country side.
(Okay, maybe I have when I was in England, but that was when I was 5!)

So, we figured that'll be nice to see.


So tired!




Gütersloh is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, in the area of Westphalia and the administrative region of Detmold. (Source: Wikipedia)

It's a really small town that has a population of over 90,000 people.

Christine lives in Haarsewinkel, which is a small suburban area, that is 15 minutes (by car) to Gutersloh, which is 45 minutes from Dortmund, by the German Railway Dbahn,

Basically,


You don't care :p

It's definitely not very touristy. But it's really peaceful and a very nice place if you want to relax, or take some time off from all the travel craziness.

In our time in Gutersloh, we..

1. Had a Currywurst



Currywurst (German pronunciation: [ˈkœʁiˌvʊʁst]) is a fast food dish of German origin consisting of steamed, then fried pork sausage(GermanBratwurst) whole or less often cut into slices and seasoned with curry ketchup, a sauce based on spiced ketchup or tomato paste, itself topped with curry powder, or a ready-made ketchup seasoned with curry and other spices. The dish is often served with French fries.
(Source: Wikipedia)

in other words..


MOUTHGASM

I waited for 2 years just to have these wonderful currywursts,
and yes! My world was whole again :)

Cost of Currywurst (Average): 4 euros (SGD 6)


2. Photo Opportunities with a dried up Hedge






It's not everyday you see a dried up, cripsy hedge in Singapore. :p

Cost: Free!

3. Got High.


I'm totally Kidding guys.

4. Played Hide and Seek, and Parkour in the Woods





I played hide and seek, whereas Talya Parkour-ed, since it's a forte :)

Nothing much really,
Just 2 girls making good use of the trees

5. Talked to the little ducks




Well, there was a pond, and there were ducks.
Why not practice to be good Duck whisperers ;)

6. Cooked Up A Storm
Most of the time we would be in Christine's House cooking, and we didn't necessarily needed to buy any groceries because we brought along a lot of food, and I mean A LOT.

And Christine was nice enough to give us some potatoes, and we ended up cooking some Curry Potatoes to let her try.


It's nicer than it looks, I promise


7. Took a bunch of Photos









That's about all we did in Gutersloh.
Like I mentioned earlier, it isn't a very touristy area.

It's more of like a friendly neighbourhood for you to chill and be lazy.


Daily Expenses = 3 Euro/ Night
Transport = Free
Total = 6 Euro (SGD 9)

( *Amount is rounded off to the nearest Dollar.)

Note:
But if you add up the cost of travelling from Amsterdam to Gutersloh, It'll end up to be 25 Euro (SGD 39).
Just putting it out there in case any of you observant freaks think I'm making it up since the article that I first posted stated " 25 Euros".
But Now, I'm talking about what I did INSIDE of Gutersloh, hence, I do not include the amount taken to travel from Amsterdam to Gutersloh.


Oh! Before I forget..


That's Christine for you!

-

NEXT DESTINATION: 

DORTMUND, GERMANY

(Ohhhh You better be prepared for this one :p)

-
Note:
All of the pictures belong to me, taken by either my I phone 6 or my Canon DSLR 1100D.
Under no circumstances should you be a thief and steal my pictures. I will find you and I will kill you.
I'm kidding.
Just remember to Credit to meeee.

Feel free to drop any questions if you do have.

I don't care about your opinions.



PREVIOUS POST:
What we did for 9 Days in Paris for SGD 108


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog