My Singaporean Dortmund Adventure Part II

June 01, 2016


Hello Earthlings!

I cannot believe it's almost a year since I wrote the first part of my Dortmund adventure (Read post here), and I figured, it's time for me to finish what I started.... after a year :>

The pictures in my previous post are sadly mostly deleted.
(WHY!!)

So in 2014,
I had my first taste of solo travelling (ever!) and the cities that I mainly touched on were Amstedam, Berlin and of course, DORTMUND!



Now you're going to ask me:
" EH VIC, Since when you like Borussia Dortmund ah?!  And how did you start liking them? "

2  Reasons:


1) Jurgen Klopp
Absolutely love him as the manager back then!
He's incredibly funny, Full of life and optimism, and well he gives the wittiest comebacks during interviews!
What a guy!!
Really sad that he left Dortmund, but he's sure doing well in Liverpool!




2) Erik Durm (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Well I fell in love with his face when I saw his debut for BVB.
Oh my gosh this boy is beautiful.
And I slowly started to watch more matches to get a closer look at him and of the course way he plays. Haha

I know, it's pretty materialistic and childish, but you know, we gotta start somewhere.
teeeeheee!

But of course, now the craze over him isn't as crazy as before, but chuuuu knowwww ;)

-

So back in December 2014, I made a little detour around Dortmund for the very first time and...

IT WAS SO AWESOME !

Everything is literally just Black and Yellow
FAN SHOP!!!!
Signal Iduna Park
Signal  Iduna Park has a Capacity of more than 81,000 people, both standing and Sitting.
It is Germany's largest stadium and the seventh largest stadium in Europe in terms of total capacity, as well as the third-largest stadium home to a top-flight European club in terms of total capacity (behind only Camp Nou and the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu). 


Press Conference Area
Reporter Vic Live in the Signal Iduna Park
MARCO REUS' SEAT!
Where his full jersy, shoes, socks etc etc is placed.
Every Player has his own allocated place and CANNOT change.
Yeh, I had bangs then, sigh.
The Legendary Yellow Wall
Pretty much one of the best moments I've ever had.
Not only was I travelling independent, But i got to see the actual stadium in person, rather than from the TV.
Amazing.

Sadly, I didn't manage to bump into any places (although I wished for it every single day when I was there ). I guess mainly because they were on their Christmas break.
Apparently, When I was in Dortmund, Erik Durm was in Barcelona, while Marco Reus was in Miami.
Ahh! What a shame!
It's alright, I sat in their seat :p

So I guess that was the end of my German Dortmund Adventure...

Awww...


And then here comes my Singaporean Dortmund Adventure.


Since I didn't bump into any of the players, I figured (I mean, Hoped) that they'll come for me.
Yeah yeah, Laugh all you want.

But little did I know,

My hopes and dreams were about to come true..


-

JULY 2015

This Happened:


WAIT WHAT?!
Am I reading this right???

I swear I couldn't believe my eyes.
MY DORTMUND PLAYERS ARE COMING TO SINGAPORE!!!!!!

or
as mellow dramatic as I would put it:
" My Dortmund players are coming for me!!"
Haha I'm totally kidding.

There was so much going on in my head.
Will I get to meet them?!
What should I do when I meet them?
What do I wear??
Make up WHICH ONE?!
When Are they coming?
Will Erik Durm be there?
I DONT KNOOOOOWWWWWW

It took me a couple of hours for me to start thinking straight, because this is NEWS!
This is what I call Proper News!

Man was I freaking out.

For that entire week, I was hooked onto my twitter app, constantly refreshing the BVB twitter page, in hopes of a new update to increase my chances of meeting them.
It was ultimate spy mode.
I wanted to know everything.

But at the same time, I figured that everyone else was doing the same.
As sad as it sounded, I decided to take a step backward, and carry on with my daily routine.

I mean, let's be realistic, there more than 6 million people in Singapore.
Maybe 40% (+/-) are Dortmund fans.
What are the chances that I get to meet my players, really?

and then afew days later, this came out:

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

dude that's my frickin school!!!!!

and before you know it, my twitter homepage was flooded with BVB tweets, indicating the time the players arrive in the country, competition to how I can win meet and greet passes, etc etc

HOLY COW! 
I was overwhelmed.

I couldn't help it.
I was in complete stalker mode.

Thankfully, I had another group of friends who were as passionate as I am when it comes to Dortmund and the 4 of us formed an alliance!!
Our duty was to report any activity of the team and to update their whereabouts.
Well, I did most of the updating because I was literally like STALKERZILLA.

There was this competition going on by Weston Sports.
If you spend a minimum of S$150 on Dortmund Merchandize, you are entitled to a ticket to the Dortmund game against Johor Bahru,
AND
A free meet and greet pass!

But subject to first 50 customers

Whuuuuutttttttttt!
There is no wayyyyyy I will ever give up such an opportunity.

The following day, the day of the competition, I woke up in the weeeeeeeee hours of the morning, rushed to the nearest Weston Outlet,  and well...


I GOT IT!!!

HOHOHOHO!

Worth it.
Completely Worth it.

So that was part 1 of the best birthday present ever!!

9th July 2015.
After rushing down to school and (finally) completing all the classes for the day, it was off to the stadium in Johor Bahru (JB)
Off to the Stadium
WHOOOOOHOOOOO!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I was given only 1 ticket, aka I have to attend the match alone.
Yeah, I know, it's pretty sad, and I was almost willing to give up seeing the guys in action because I didn't feel safe coming home and knowing that it'll be dark and I'll be alone.
Plus, there's a huge distinct difference between Singapore and Malaysia... so yeah.

But I thought to myself,
" Vic, out of all these people in Singapore and Malaysia, you have the golden ticket to see the boys in action. Why are you giving up just because you're afraid? "

DING!

and Off to JB I go!

Mandatory Selfie right after the last class of the day!
Whoohoo! All Ready for the match!

As I mentioned before, I was completely alone.
No friends, No Data, No Maps, No freaking clue where to go!
Just basically running up and down, asking left and right for directions.

That was when the yellow path showed itself to me:

As I was climbing up a hill, I saw 4 people in Black and yellow.
DING DING DING!
Definitely Dortmund fans!

Anyway, I managed to catch up with them and it turns out that they were 3 Germans and 1 Singaporean guy.
The Singaporean guy, Jovett, and I hit off really well, because well, we're both from Singapore, and we are both alone, so we ended up joining forces and were buddies for the night.

Turns out, Jovett has already been to the Dortmund stadium before as well!
What are the chances really??
To meet a local Singaporean guy, who happens to be a Borussia Dortmund fan, AND who has ALSO been to the Signal Iduna Park!!!

This is more than a coincidence.

2/3 Germans & Jovett
As our conversation progressed, I learnt from Jovett that initially, he, too, didn't want to go for the game because he was completely all alone.  But THANKFULLY (!!) his best friend persuaded him to go, telling him, that who knows, he might also meet someone exactly like him - That likes Dortmund and has been to the Stadium.
Wheeeeeeee!

WHOOHOO!
Dortmund players have arrrrrived!!
My Dortmund Clan
One last picture before we seperated.
The Germans had different tickets from Jovett and I :(
Dortmund Boys warming up!

Man!
Do the Malaysians know how to get rowdy or what!
It's my VERY first Football match live, so I was excited!
And the atmosphere definitely helped a lot!

End of the 1st half.

What a great game it was!
Score was 1-7!
But what was even more amazing was the ultra fans of the Malaysian team.
They sure know how to cheer and celebrate!
Seriously, I no longer know how to explain what I saw and felt when I was there, but it's definitely too surreal.

During the prize presentation.
Spot any familiar backs?

Well the one pulling his shorts is Marco Reus :)
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!


But ooh well, it was the end of the game, and we had to rush back to catch the last bus back to Singapore.

However, the next day was shinning brighter than it ever could..

because well...

I HAD MEET AND GREET PASSES!

The meet and greet was held at the Weston Outlet @ Somerset 313.
And it was a private event, so only those who have been exclusively invited could attend it. (teeeheee)

It was pretty insane!
People everywhere, people trying to get in.
People left, right, up, down, diagonal, URGH

But there I was, debuting my cat walk and fanning myself with the meet and greet pass ;)
( I know, what a beetch!)

There were so many random strangers that gave me their phone case and posters, and I ended up carrying like 6 random items into the meet and greet room to get signed by the players.
Unfortunately, only 1 item was able to get signed.
Aww sorry guys! :(

After a good 1.5hours wait for the players to arrive and the doors to open....

Lars Ricken, PEA, and Subotic

Man, does Pierre look exhausted or what!

Hehe, smiled too wide till my eyes are almost a straight line.

Yayyers!
Happy Vic, Happy Life.

Pierre was so Tall omfg.

Did I mention?
That on their first night in Singapore, I bumped into Pierre while searching for the toilet in the Fullerton Hotel :O

The boys were leaving for Deutschland the very same day, and well, Vic and her Wu-tang clan were on stalkermode :p

And well, the amount of effort shows in your results.

MARCO REUS!!!!!!!!
SHINJI KAGAWA!
JULIAN WEIGL!
Super talented young fellow.
He's only 20 years old :O
THOMAS TUNCHEL!
ROMAN BURKI!
and of course, the man,
ERIK DURM
:')
I still remembered how when i saw Erik, I ran to me and asked for a picture, and he simply stood by next to me and gave sexy smize, but I was so nervous and I was shaking and I accidentally burst 10 pictures, and he looked at me with those eyes and said:

" You mean 10 pictures? "

I WILL NEVER forget that voice.

I cannot believe all that happened, just in time for my birthday.

I don't even know how i managed to get all these golden opportunities on my feet.

However, what I know, is that if you keep trying and working hard..

Dreams really do come true :')


Thank you everyone for taking your (precious) time to read on my Dortmund adventure.

I hope you've enjoyed reading it as I have enjoyed reliving all that in my head as I was writing this blog post.

Shout out to my boys for experiencing this adventure with me :)
For the Dortmund Girl Fans,
Well here's something nice for you.


OH YES,

Roman Burki,
The (not-so) new Dortmund Goalkeeper.

What an eye candy!


Until Next Time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really appreciate the kind of topics post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Foto Bokep Janda Muda Bokong Semok

    ReplyDelete
  2. gambar hot This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one japanese xxx

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog